Admission to the school is contingent on certain government and council regulations for age, ability and conduct.
On confirmation of a child’s admission, it is mandatory to submit the following documents:
- True Copy of Birth Certificate
- Original copy of School Leaving Certificate of the previous school attended, countersigned by the DEO of the respective province.
- For mid-term withdrawal (between June to April), an application 3 months in advance is required, failing which fees of one quarter will have to be paid.
- For end of session withdrawal, an application on or before 31st January is required, failing which fees of one quarter will have to be paid.
To obtain a transfer certificate the following formalities need to be completed:
- A written application needs to be submitted to obtain a withdrawal form.
- Ensure that the withdrawal form is submitted at least 3 weeks before requesting a T.C.
- All library books must be surrendered.
- All dues must be cleared.
- The school reserves the right to enhance the tuition fee.
- The tuition fee will be enhanced by approximately 10% annually.
- The transport and food fee enhancement shall be dependent on the prevailing rate of inflation.
- A penalty of rupees 75/- per day will be charged for late payment of fee.
- A penalty of rupees 250/- will be levied in case a cheque issued for fee is dishonored by the bank
The tuition fee can be paid in two installments:
|K1 to Grade 7||1st Installment||15 March, 2015 to 07 April, 2015|
|2nd Installment||06 September, 2015 to 15 September, 2015|
- Students not availing school transport should reach school before the first bell.
- Students once in school shall not be permitted to leave before school is over. Exceptions will only be made during emergency situations.
- A minimum of 75% attendance is a must. Every student should understand that collective learning happens in a school. This purpose is lost if s/he remains absent without reason. Not only does it become difficult for the faculty to keep pace of the class, any loss of the student in terms of academics, sports or cultural activities, by being frequently absent, reflects in his/her overall performance. Any leave would only be permitted with an accompanying note from the parents/guardian.
- Attending national and festive celebrations at school is mandatory and absence inexcusable. Attendance in night camps, picnics, field trips and applied adventure camps is mandatory. School goes out of the way in organizing these events in an endeavor to ensure that each child is exposed to a gamut of extracurricular events and activities the rates of which are cross-subsidized in an effort to ensure a large outreach. Non-attendance of any student will definitely not mean non-payment of charges.
- Mass bunking is a strict violation of school decorum. It is a moral responsibility of each parent to ensure they take every measure to disassociate their ward from such mob mentality at this tender age and make every endeavor to see that their ward does not become part of it.
WELL BEING AND SAFETY
The school takes all necessary measures to ensure the safety & security of its students. However it cannot be held responsible in case of any untoward incidents, accidents or injuries occurring on the school premises during school hours or on field trips or excursions. Additionally, the transport facility exists to make the process of arriving and departing from school easier and safer for our students. As a school we ensure that all necessary safety and security measures are taken to minimize any sort of risk to the students. Nonetheless, the school may not be held responsible in case of untoward incidents while students are availing the transport facility.
In case of any dispute between the school management and its stakeholders, the same shall be subject to Ahmedabad jurisdiction.
GENERAL DISCIPLINE POLICY
- All students should display exemplary behavior befitting their cultural background at all times whether they are in class, playgrounds, assembly or in the school bus.
- The sanctity of a school environment should be respected at all times and no material that pollutes this environment should be carried in the child’s school bag.
- All books, workbooks and notebooks should be brought as per the scheduled time-table. Failure to do so might result in loss of precious school hours, which cannot in any way be compensated
- All books, workbooks and notebooks should be neatly covered and labeled at all times
- Deadlines given by school authorities whether in terms of completion of work, submission of projects or payment of fees need to be respected and adhered to. This is a prerequisite for the smooth functioning of every organization and exceptions if made amount to a direct injustice to those who have conscientiously followed them.
- Students found damaging school property shall be penalized financially.
- Mobile phones or any electronic gadgets are strictly prohibited in school as well as in the school bus. If found, they will be confiscated for a period of 1 year from the date of confiscation.
AnandNiketan aims to make schooling as equal, safe and stress-free as possible. The transportation facility is one of the ways we do so. Students may avail the school transport subject to the availability of seats. This facility requires that certain rules and procedures be followed to ensure safety and fairness to all students. The following guidelines must be followed with complete discipline and respect if students wish to continue availing of the transport facility:
- All students using the school transport are expected to be on the same side of the road at the bus stop at least five to seven minutes before the arrival of the bus.
- No student should come near the entry door of the bus until it has come to a complete halt.
- No students will be allowed to travel standing on the foot board.
- Junior students have a right of seat preference and any senior student found harassing his/her juniors shall be dealt with absolute strictness.
- Unruly behavior is strictly prohibited. Courteous behavior is expected at all the times. The driver’s attention must not be distracted for any reason.
- Parents are requested not to board the school buses, either to see off or receive their wards.
- The bus will not wait for late comers either at pick up or drop points for students/parents respectively to ensure the timely arrival of arrival of all the other students to school.
- Parents should not try to overtake and stop the school bus to facilitate the boarding of their wards as this endangers the safety of the students.
- Diversions/extensions will not be entertained on existing routes.
- Waste objects, trash/food must neither be discarded inside the bus nor thrown out on the road as cleanliness is a value we uphold.
- In case of a change in address or phone number the school office along with the transport - in- charge should be informed a month in advance.
- In case of a change in the bus stop or bus route, an application should be submitted on the application form available in the administrative office. It should be duly filled, completed and submitted in the office along with an administrative charge of Rs. 50/-.
- It is the responsibility of the parents to pick up their ward from the allotted bus stop, failing which the child will be brought back to school and parents will have to pick up the ward from the school.
- In case anybody other than guardians or parents are going to pick up students at the drop points, a written note is to be submitted to the Admin Office in advance.
- Parents are requested not to argue with the teachers/conductors/driver present in the bus. In case of any problem, a written complaint should be submitted to the admin office or email to admin office.
The school buses have fixed routes and the parents are requested to consult the school transport in-charge for necessary details. Strict discipline should be maintained in the buses, failing which transport facility will have to be withdrawn for such students.
- Conducting of regular parent teacher meetings is a way forward for both the parent and the school to share and discuss the students’ progress in academics, their behavior, habits, strengths, weaknesses, and a lot of other issues coming up at home and at school. These discussions play an important role in major decisions in relation to supporting the child academically and emotionally. Failure of parents to attend PTMs defeats the whole purpose of us joining hands to mold a bright, qualified, balanced and sensible individual.
- The scheduling of the academic time table, deciding the syllabus of the respective class, the curriculum, methodology and pedagogy followed in the school is at the absolute discretion of the Head of the School. These are revised from time to time keeping the overall development of the student in mind and also based on the need of the hour. Any issues the parents have for the same can be sorted out either during regular PTMs at school or through a meeting with the respective coordinators with prior appointment.
- Monthly tests and term exams shall be conducted on the decided date. There is no provision for any retest or reexamination. Marks of any student who happens to miss the particular exam for major causes shall be averaged out in the result.
- Giving personal gifts to teachers is strictly not allowed. Parents are requested not to encourage any such transaction.
- Personal tuitions by AnandNiketan academic staff for AnandNiketan students is strongly discouraged. This is a direct encouragement of corrupt practices such as partiality, nepotism, bias and favoritism. Parents are requested not to approach any of our staff for personal tuitions. If the student has any difficulty, the school is willing to help with remedial classes. The school has taken a written undertaking from its entire staff with regards to the same. In spite of this if any staff member is found taking personal tuitions, serious action shall be taken both against the staff as well as the student in question, amounting to rustication and dismissal.
- Parents at all times have to maintain the decorum and sanctity of the educational institute they have by choice selected to shape, mould and guide their ward. Behaving with teaching and non-teaching staff rudely or aggressively whether in person or on telephone is strictly not acceptable and shall entail strict reprimand from the Director.
- Any issue any parent has, should be conveyed to the respective coordinator first in writing and then in person individually after taking an appointment. The school values ‘respect’ as a foremost virtue and if certain parents are unable to follow the decorum of the school, strict and swift action will be taken. Indulging in disrespectful behaviour towards school staff either individually or as part of a group shall entail immediate rustication of the ward.
We have collectively joined hands to ensure a bright future for all our children, to give them an environment conducive for unhindered physical and personal growth, to make them responsible, conscientious, sensitive, diligent and complete individuals in their own right and hence we shall all make a collective effort in this direction.
Birthdays at ANBC are celebrated differently. Keeping with our aim to make each child feel an equal and accepted part of the school system, students are not allowed to distribute sweets, exchange gifts or wear anything other than the uniform. However, to mark the child’s special day, each student is wished happy birthday through the PA system. Additionally under Project Ehsaas, students get a chance to share their joy with those less fortunate than them. They may voluntarily donate stationery items on their birthdays which are collected and distributed to students of a local municipal school.